Before using the phantom:
- For the best ultrasound image quality, the lumen of the PunctR phantom should be filled with ultrasound gel (not included), although it is also possible to use the phantom without ultrasound gel.
- We recommend the use of >21 gauche needles. Using larger diameter needles wears the phantom faster or/and can critically damage the phantom (or tubes if used).
When bought with tubes:
- If desired, the included tubes can be pulled through the phantom. Make sure the right diameters are used. For the best ultrasound image, it is recommended to put a little bit of ultrasound gel between the tubes and the phantom before pulling through. The tubes can be filled with water (or any desired liquid) and the ends can be tied up. (At this moment, CareVisionair/PunctR does not support a complete (closed) tubing system)
- If desired, the top layer of the PunctR model can be smoothed by heating the surface briefly (for instance with a hair dryer). Warm the complete surface with a smoothly, uniformly motion for up to five minutes, then let it cool down for 30 minutes.
- BE CAREFUL: the phantom has to be completely dry and clean before starting this procedure. If not, the phantom can be critically damaged.
- The PunctR phantom should best be used at room temperature.
- The stability of the product is guaranteed at 0-35 degrees Celsius (32-95 degrees Fahrenheit).
- The PunctR phantom can best be stored in a dark and cool place.
- The components of the PunctR phantom are non-organic and not subject to decomposition.
- Regularly replacing the added ultrasound gel will prevent the gel from rotting. It is advised to clean the phantom with a moist cloth after every use.
- The phantom and included accessories may not be used for other purposes than training of ultrasound guided punctures, and are not suitable for use in/or on patients!
- The use of the PunctR phantom is at your own risk. CareVisionair Ltd. is in no way responsible for any damage to you, your belongings, patients. Warrantee or the phantom in case of improper use.
- Avoid needlestick injuries and handle sharp materials with care when training ultrasound-guided punctures.
When in doubt: get informed in time and if you have any questions, please contact your contact person or email your question to firstname.lastname@example.org.